According to various reports, Google's YouTube has been in contact with a number of content producers with a view to supplying it with programming, which could be priced in the region of $1 to $5 (63p to £3.17) a month.Follow @gordonmacmillan
YouTube plans to challenge cable and Netflix with paid-for channels
Gordon MacMillan, 30 January 2013, 10:25am
YouTube is planning the next phase of its development and is reported to be launching pay-per-view channels, which would see it challenge cable TV as well as streaming services such as Netflix and LoveFilm.
- Agency Account Manager, YOU
- Salary dependent on experience, Leicester Square, Covent Garden
- Partnership & Digital Manager, Channel 4
- Dependent on experience, M2 3BA
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager, OTT Group
- £25,000-£40,000 + excellent uncapped commission, Central London (Angel, Islington)
- Digital Media Sales Executive- DIVE Magazine - 22k Basic + Uncapped Commission, Syon Publishing
- £20,000- £22,000 Basic (OTE £35,000) Uncapped Commission Structure, West London
- Senior Account Sales Manager, JACK fm
- £35-£40K DOE with up to £65k OTE, Oxford
News By Email
The Media AM Bulletin : Preview
The Media PM Bulletin : Preview
Breaking News from Media Week : Preview
You need to register to receive our bulletins. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
If you have already registered then sign in to your account now and selected 'My bulletins' within preferences.