Paid-for advertising drives almost three quarters (72%) of all additional conversations about brands, according to a study by Thinkbox and Data2Decisions.
This week, Cameran Harman, managing director UK of AD2ONE, plots eBay opportunities, commutes with Morrissey and flies the flag for Northern agencies.
Celebrity gossip and pop-culture newsletter Popbitch is finally seeking to give itself a digital makeover as it seeks funding through Kickstarter to launch a tablet edition.
The Sun lost its mantle as the most-read newspaper brand in the UK to the Daily Mail in 2012, according to combined print and website readership figures published today.
TalkSport's international business is expected to break even in 2013, its first full year of operation, while parent group UTV Media made pre-tax profits of £23.9m in 2012.
Sky has opened up its acclaimed sports channels to non-subscribers for the first time in 22 years today, with the launch of its pay-as-you-go internet service, Now TV.
BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, has sold the Lonely Planet guidebook business to US company NC2 Media for AU$75m (£51.5m), less than half it paid to acquire it.
The Washington Post is to follow The New York Times and erect a metered paywall this summer.
Newspaper groups have likened the two legislative changes that will back up the Royal Charter on Self Regulation of the Press published yesterday, to George Orwell's '1984', and said that they threaten free press.
Vitabiotics, the multivitamin brand, is to launch its first TV ad campaign this evening, after signing a £2m 12-month partnership with Channel 5.
- Partnership & Digital Manager, Channel 4
- Dependent on experience, M2 3BA
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager, OTT Group
- £25,000-£40,000 + excellent uncapped commission, Central London (Angel, Islington)
- Digital Media Sales Executive- DIVE Magazine - 22k Basic + Uncapped Commission, Syon Publishing
- £20,000- £22,000 Basic (OTE £35,000) Uncapped Commission Structure, West London
- Account Director - Partner Channels, Channel 4
- Dependent on experience, London, SW1 2TX
- Senior Account Sales Manager, JACK fm
- £35-£40K DOE with up to £65k OTE, Oxford
News By Email
The Media AM Bulletin : Preview
The Media PM Bulletin : Preview
Breaking News from Media Week : Preview
You need to register to receive our bulletins. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
If you have already registered then sign in to your account now and selected 'My bulletins' within preferences.