- "Companies need to look at streamlining their businesses at this time." Barry Sayer, chief executive, Clear Channel Outdoor UK & Ireland
- "Make sure you're absolutely focused on delivering value and then that you are maintaining your audiences." David Roddick, commercial director, Northcliffe Media
- "You still need to advertise. Consumers are still living and breathing and they still need to buy products." Brendan Condon, managing director, international, Platform-A
- "Making sure sales teams are well resourced and motivated." Stuart Taylor, deputy chief executive, GMG Radio
- "Control costs, don't cost save for the sake of it, but reinvest the savings where you can and put it back into your brand." Donnach O'Driscoll, chief executive, Absolute
- "My tip for advertisers is to be bold and maintain your spend if you can.
That way, you will increase your share of voice as your competitors reduce theirs." Guy Phillipson, chief executive, Internet Advertising Bureau
- Account Manager, Brand Republic Group Haymarket Media Group Teddington, Middlesex
- Senior Trading Manager - Outdoor Advertising The Media Exchange Central London
- Account Director - International - £60,000 - Great Clients SYLEX Recruitment London
- Senior Sales Executive - Telecoms Portfolio Dragonfly Recruitment London
- Advertising Sales Executive Cultureshock Media South London Vauxhall
Facebook research has found that 42 per cent of adults start activities on one device and finish on another, suggesting device-switching has become mainstream among adults in the UK.
In my experience of management, the more senior alpha males become in an agency, the more they are attracted to making decisions based on gut instinct.
I've always thought that the best advertising people are those who are a bit suspicious of it. That may well be true of other professions. A degree of distance, a measure of not-drinking-the-Kool-Aid, might help you be good at your job. That's certainly true of Tom Ewing of Brainjuicer.