- Auto Trader publisher Trader Media Group has selected former Sky online director Dominic Collins to head its new-media activities.
Lesley Mackenzie, the launch chief executive of video-on -demand service Kangaroo, has joined web TV holding company Nettv247.com as chief executive.
- Endemol has hired former LoveFilm chief executive Adam Valkin as global head of digital media and new business.
- Martin MacConnol, chief executive of Wardour Publishing & Design, has taken over as chairman of the Association of Publishing Agencies from Sean King, director at Seven Squared.
- First Radio Sales, the local radio sales business jointly owned by UTV and The Local Radio Company, has picked Ian Fraser as sponsorship and promotions manager.
- Barnaby Dawe, ex-managing director of Heart FM, has become vice-president, marketing and communications, for Turner Broadcasting's entertainment brands in the UK.
- Silicon Valley entrepreneur Marc Andreessen has been hired to Facebook's board. Andreessen co-founded Netscape and the software firm, Loudcloud.
- AdMedia, the out-of-home media owner, has appointed Andy Haws as client services director. Haws joins from ambient media specialist In-Situ.