- The Financial Times has appointed Richard Edgar as the head of video for FT.com. He will be responsible for developing FT.com's video section, reporting to James Montgomery, editor of FT.com.
- Radio outfit CanWest MediaWorks UK has appointed Jonathan Arendt as managing director of the company's Original Radio Group and Richard Johnson as director of operations and programming.
- Setanta Sports has appointed Ben Carter, founder of Evolv Digital, as its first online marketing and acquisition manager. He will lead Setanta's digital marketing, with responsibility for the acquisition of new subscribers through online display, search and affiliate marketing.
- John Quinn has been appointed to the newly created position of chief operating officer at radio-focused company UBC. The move puts him in control of all of UBC's business divisions. Group chief executive Simon Cole will now focus on the launch of Cliq, UBC's music download service.
- The Search Works has boosted its search engine optimisation offering with two senior appointments. James Keehan has been promoted from group account director to commercial product director, while the firm has also hired Usman Patel as SEO manager.
- Independent healthcare and pharmaceutical media agency Gem has appointed Steve Wellstead as media director from MindShare London from Vivid Lime, while Natalie Williams joins as an account executive from Pr firm eWales.
- Online magazine subscription website isubscribe.co.uk has appointed Rachel Beresford as managing director. Beresford, who joins from Emap, will expand the subscriptions market as well as magazine sales.
Reader's Digest has appointed Scott Mineikis as sales manager within the advertising team. He joins from Kiss Radio.
- Mark Winterton has been appointed publisher of IPC's What's On TV, whatsontv.co.uk and TV Easy. He is currently intellectual property manager in IPC+, IPC's licensing and syndication business.
- QSoft Consulting, owner of the Gaydar portfolio, has appointed Kate Brunning as sponsorship and promotions executive. Brunning joins from Virgin Radio where she was an account manager for more than two years.