Nikonpro won not only Customer Magazine of the Year - beating off competition from publishers such as Haymarket, Redwood, John Brown Citrus Publishing and Publicis Blueprint - but also Best International Publication of the Year at the awards, held at London’s Dorchester Hotel.
Judges praised the title for “its superb editorial quality that unites its readers in a single community”, even though it is distributed in 27 countries in six languages.
The APA Awards, now in their sixth year, are designed to showcase the best customer magazines in the UK and includes categories such as Specialist Launch of the Year, Integrated Marketing Solution of the Year and Online Publication of the Year.
Julia Hutchison, director of the APA, said: “This year's awards have been our best ever yet. Since 1999 they have gained considerable momentum, which is reflected by the rise in both the number and standard of entries we received.
“More and more marketers are realising the benefits of customer magazines as a highly effective marketing and communication tool, which can build closer relationships with customers and reinforce brand loyalty.”
The Winners were:
- Most Effective Automotive Title: The Renault Magazine (Brooklands Group)
- Most Effective Finance Title: M (Britannia Building Society) (Redwood)
- Most Effective Travel and Leisure Title: Orient-Express Magazine (The Illustrated London New Group)
- Most Effective Public Sector Title: Army Magazine (Haymarket Customer Publishing)
- Most Effective Internal Communication: read (Abbey) (Wardour Communications)
- Most Effective Business to Business title: Works (Orange)(John Brown Citrus Publishing)
- Most Effective Consumer Publication (retail): Homebase Ideas (Publicis Blueprint)
- Most Effective Consumer Publication (non-retail): Spaces (Miller Homes) (Just)
- Specialist Communications of the Year: Army Careers Brochure (Haymarket Customer Publishing)
- Launch of the Year: Toni & Guy Magazine (Publicis Blueprint)
- International Publication of the Year: NikonPro (Cedar Communications)
- Online Publication of the Year: e-motionmagazine.co.uk (South-West Trains)(The Illustrated London news Group)
- Integrated Marketing Solution of the Year: Army Magazine (Haymarket Customer Publishing)
- Journalist of the Year: Rod McKenzie -Land Rover ONELIFE (Redwood)
- Designer of the Year: Clare Richardson - Land Rover ONELIFE (Redwood)
- Editor of the Year: William Sitwell - Waitrose Food Illustrated (John Brown Citrus Publishing)
- APA Customer Magazine of the Year - NikonPro (Cedar Communications)