Abba Newbery, the director of strategy at News UK Commercial, explains that to succeed in media people need to "take responsibility for making your own opportunities".
When Magnus Djaba, the chief executive of Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon UK Group, bemoaned the lack of direct exposure media agencies now have to the creative product or, more importantly, the people who deliver the ideas, he divided opinion. Here, two respected media leaders, Andrew Stephens and Paul Frampton, offer their thoughts.
What links the UK, Estonia, Israel, New Zealand and South Korea?
ITV has enjoyed a strong start to 2015, with net advertising revenues expected to be up 11 per cent for the first quarter, its chief executive, Adam Crozier, has revealed.
MPs are gunning for the BBC licence fee, but is the proposed broadcast levy a realistic alternative, Gurjit Degun asks.
Mark Holden, the head of futures at Arena, explains why the industry is entering a post-mobile phase.
Google has launched a digital outdoor campaign at Silicon Roundabout in Old Street, London, featuring practical information for locals.
Vax, the floor care brand, has signed a seven-figure sponsorship deal with Channel 4, for which it has created idents starring Miranda Hart.
Nearly two-thirds (59%) of consumers find native advertising interesting and informative, and a third are more likely to trust it than traditional advertising, according to a new report.
ITV has reported a pre-tax profit of £605 million, up 39.1 per cent year on year, after revenue increased by 8 per cent.
The chief digital officer, APAC, for McCann Worldgroup walks the show floor and sees the future of connected brands
Have your say now
- Programmatic Sales Manager Section:Media Ltd London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Sales Manager (b2c) - Leading newspaper group Media IQ Recruitment London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sales Executive, International Publishing network (print, digital, sponsorship) SW6 Associates London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Associate Brand Executive, Fashion,celebrity lifestyle brand SW6 Associates London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sales Manager Media Square Recruitment Central London
Job of the WeekSponsored by Discovery Networks
Tell us your thoughts @MediaWeek Tweets about "@MediaWeek"