Big news from the Ig Nobel Prizes this year as one winner explains why banana skins are slippery.
The interim chief executive of the mobile joint venture isn't afraid to admit the offering needs clarity, David Benady writes.
Active participation in social media resonates across channels, saves you money and will make you relevant.
The creative bar must be raised if mobile is to deliver a truly great campaign this December, Greg Grimmer argues.
Joe De Souza and Sam Walker reveal the huge logistic effort behind their spot for BBC Music and Children in Need.
At the start of the year, I was advised by a senior press leader to "keep my eyes on Northcliffe House" - words that have served me well in 2014.
The battle for supremacy between the creative message and the medium has resumed. David Benady reports.
DMG Media has appointed Charlie Cox as the managing director of Metro Newspapers, which sees him replace Steve Auckland.
David Pemsel, deputy chief executive of The Guardian, celebrated the end of the newspaper's 20-year wait to win Sales Team of the Year at the Media Week Awards, fending off competition from all the other media owners in the UK.
This week, Mauricio Sabogal, global CEO, Kinetic Worldwide, takes in late night Sumo, pro-democracy protests and Bangkok taxi chaos as he reviews OOH plans across markets.
The importance of nurturing a creative idea was highlighted at the Media Week Awards last week, when the PHD team and the Warner Bros marketing director behind the much-acclaimed Lego ad break admitted it almost never made it to the screen.
- Account Executive/Manager (digital, B2B) Spiceworks Central London
- Business Development Manager Credit Today Offices are in a listed building just a short walk from the iconic Borough Market and The Shard
- Head of Digital Sales Carreras Lathane Associates - CLA London (City of), London (Greater)
- Online Sales Executive £21,000 - £27,000 + Uncapped Commission + Benefits Media Square Recruitment London (North), London (Greater)
- URGENT - Media Planner/Buyer - Immediate Start Ultimate Asset City of London
Job of the WeekSponsored by Ultimate Asset
London £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Tell us your thoughts @MediaWeek Tweets about "@MediaWeek"